Date : 4th May 2012
Place: Fahrenheit 88, Ground Floor Lobby
SkinFood was launching the new Royal Honey Range, where there are selected pair of mother/daughter are invited to join 1 of the session for make-up demonstration/tips and make-over. I posted the mother/daughter photo to SkinFood and being called up to attend the session. And, here I am in the launch, learning some make-up tips from Ms Moon (who flied from South Korea to Malaysia). BTW, Ms Moon's skin is just …... OMG, so smooth, fair and soft … (though I didn't touch it :-))
Besides the tips, we were given a goodie bag after end of the session. Thank you so much SkinFood.
|Ms Moon (dressed in blue) in action of the demo|
|Waiting for the launch to start|
Some of the tips I captured from Ms Moon.
- Before start your make up, you will need apply the necessary moisturizer etc.
- Calm down the skin temperature – cooler will ensure the make-up stayed
- So, moisture the face first
- Then apply the Royal Honey Starter after moisturizer been absorb 80%. The starter can help to maintain makeup, make a smooth looking to help close the pore and moisture the skin as the same time
- Then apply the BB cream or foundation
- Then, the loose powder
- Powder will normally a little dry, hence don't use the puff to apply the powder, use a brush instead
- Brush from inner to outer, T-Zone area first, and make sure cheek area is the lighter because this is the dry area
- Now, the eyebrow
- It is easiest to choose a color that match the hair colour
- Eyebrow with curling shape will make a person look younger
- Eye shadow
- Ms Moon was demonstrating the 'smoky eye' makeup, but, do note smoky eye doesn't means dark colour
- then, the upper eye liner
- Should start from tail to inner part of the eye
- One may apply some white powder under the eye area to avoid droplet of the liner
- Draw the liner from center to the outer/tail of the eye
The Royal Honey RangeBottom eye liner
- Draw from outer part to inner part of the eye
- Eye lashes curler
- Makesure curler is used before applying mascara
- and, do twice, first time then wait for a few seconds, and curl again the 2nd time
- Apply a few rounds, but make sure each rounds let it dry before apply the next round
- Now, the cheek
- You can use thumb to tap the colour on the cheek, at the last use any other finger to spread the colour
- Lip and cheek colour should be matching to have a natural look
- Lipstick should be applied from center lip to the side.
- For natural look, don't use lip liner
Phew, what a lengthy write-up, I should next time do a 'demo' instead of pure writing :-).